Me, one bench and my ballet.

Me, one bench and my ballet.
Me, one bench and my ballet.

Sunday 20 October 2013

Bubbleology - A new ice tea drink in London for everyone!

Bubbleology, is a new ice tea drink store across Central London, with a base of Tapioca (type of starch), combined with crazy flavours. 

This is how they describe their drinks on the website.  "Bubble Tea is the name given to the wide variety of refreshing flavoured fruit teas and milk teas served ice cold or piping hot with chewy natural tapioca balls that you suck up through a big fat straw!"


Here is a full list of the flavours.  




Bubbleology's list of teas

Here is Miss Lovehelpz's review.



I have visited Bubbleology, twice in the past two months.  First the South Kensington one, then the tiny counter at Harvey Nichols. 

I chose to mix the white peach green tea cold drink with additional servings of the strawberry Boba and passion fruit jelly pieces from the South Kensington store.  Then a passionfruit green tea with strawberry flavour Boba and jelly pieces. 

I devoured Bubbleology ice tea drink because it tasted sweet and refreshing as a cold drink which made me feel addicted. I chose to add extras such as the strawberry boba and with passionfruit jelly pieces. The boba is shaped the size of a marrowfat pea but it feels like a soft capsule made of jelly skin. When you slurp each Boba up the big fat straw and lands into your mouth,  your teeth clench it so that it bursts. Then the strawberry juice dribbles out of the boba skin and feels lovely and refreshing. The jelly pieces were the size of small, tiny match sticks. They were divine.

As for the staff, they were friendly and smiley throughout the whole time. They even gave me a small sample for me to try because I had never seen or tried it before, although my second visit at Harvey Nichols was not that welcoming. They did not smile as much as the staff in South Kensington. 

Overview

Who was I with? My mum 

Where was I coming from or going to? Taking pics of designer shop windows for this blog while in South Kensington.

Why did I choose this? I saw science and drinks mixed together which caught my attention. Also, the bright colours and the big, bold, bright Bubbleology logo which tempted me in.   

Where and what time of day was it? Early Saturday Evening at Bubbleology South Kensington store.

What did you buy? We had the passionfruit tea with tapioca and strawberry bursting boba and jelly bits.

How much did you pay? We paid £3.45 for a regular sized cup that comes in a coloured straw. Plus extra for the boba and jelly pieces. These were 50p for each topping.

Miss Lovehelpz score
Fun 10/10
Taste 10/10
Staff 8/10
Value for money 7/10
Quirky factor 10/10
Packaging 5/10

Hit or a miss? A definite hit. 
Extra points: Scientist outfits and wall drawings.
Liked: Boba and scientific equipment
Disliked: Shop is tiny and no delivery where I live (noooooooo). Plus hard to insert the straw into the plastic film lid.  
Useful To know: Loyalty card (10th drink free) plus delivery within Central London locations. Plus you can have them at your parties.  

Website: http://www.bubbleology.co.uk


23 Cromwell Place
South Kensington
London
SW7 2LD
0207 584 1171
Opening times
Mon - Thur: 11am to 10pm
Fri - Sat: 11am to 11pm
Sun: 11am to 10pm

5th Floor, Harvey Nichols
Knightsbridge London SW1X 7RJ
0207 235 5000
Opening times
Mon - Sat: 10am to 8pm
Sun: 12pm to 6pm

No comments:

Post a Comment